Hello again. I hope your week is going well — halfway over already, and we're not dead yet! Keep it up.
Since we last spoke, I answered a few anonymous questions...
- Gathering Strength on the Horizon: "You were always in danger. We always lived in the world in which these things happen."
- Making a Future: "Downside: Involves cognitive effort." (That's life for ya.)
Need guidance but not too fussy about qualifications? I'm your gal.
Today I wrote an impromptu manifesto about, more or less, what I think the meaning of life is. "Who you gonna believe, your eyes or your own lying mind?"
Lastly from me, a reminder that the 💖🔮Mystery Zine Bundle🔮💖 is available for $30, with half of all proceeds pledged to charity:
Matthew Sweet, author of "Stateless" (the speculative coming-of-age tale commissioned by me, not the Netflix show), has a new book out:
Ss: Six Short Stories is a steal at $4.99 on Kindle. "A teenager torn between here and there; an orphaned gnome seeking revenge; a dead man asked to help the still-living; a tree longing for its love; the old playing the young's game; a drug compradore that wants out."
Three more links:
- "Introduction to civics in the 21st century"
- "Normie Epistemologists Hate Him! One Weird Trick for Glory and Riches."
- "Being Deep in an Abstraction Stack," which I mention because it includes an invitation to the new Weird CS Theory Discord, which will be up some of y'all's alley.
How 'bout you? Tell me what you're working on! My address should now autofill when you hit reply, but just in case, it's email@example.com.
Header image: Qing dynasty tapestry, silk on silk.