Hello friends, happy Monday evening / Tuesday morning / whenever you open this email. Did u know: Bun work makes the fun work 🐰
ICMYI, the previous missive was "Multiplayer Psychosis." I forgot to include this bit at the end:
In addition to various collage materials that I had on hand, I used the following images to illustrate this essay:
- -12- All Is Full Of Love by Little Salty
- Untitled artwork by giant mice kill rabbits
- Singing songs on the eve of destruction... by I am R.
- Borderline Biennial 10 octobre 2009 - P1010766 by Thierry Ehrmann
- INTERNET by Keenan Pepper
- Frankie Headphones drawn by mumbot
- 17th-century Italian embroidery
- Miniature secretary incorporating a watch by James Cox
- "A very well put insect and beautiful dancer" from Scenes from the Private and Public Life of Animals, J. J. Grandville
- First Dream by J. J. Grandville
- 15th- or 16th-century Incan double bowl
- Miscellaneous Paintings and Calligraphy for the Third Year of the Bunsei Era by Tani Bunchō
I'd also like to remind you of the recently enhanced! 💖🔮Mystery Zine Bundle🔮💖, half of the proceeds from which will be donated to Open Privacy and Mother Trust Org. So far I've raised $150 for the two charities (from selling copies of Clandestine Motives as well). I'll let you know once I pass along the funds. That may happen soon or I may wait until all of the bundles are gone, I haven't decided yet.
Galvanizing and/or intriguing reads:
- The Purpose of Technology
- Brief Interviews with Hideous Bots
- The Bullwhip Effect
- Come for the Network, Pay for the Tool
- A response to ^
You can always find more on /r/sonyasupposedly. I started the subreddit with the hope that it'd send traffic to my website, but I've enjoyed having a magpie collection of links so much that I'm now pondering better venues.
Lastly — need a bookmark?
That's all for now, talk soon ✌️