No nonsense today, I gotta stockpile it for future purposes 😉
Two IRL events in the next two weeks:
- East Bay meetup, Tuesday 11/23 @ McBears Social Club in El Cerrito, 6pm – 9pm
- SF meetup, Saturday 11/27 @ The Sycamore in the Mission, 4pm – 7pm
Normally these gatherings happen before I get a chance to put them in the newsletter. Luckily the timing lined up for this edition — Interintellect founder and sagacious beauty Anna Gat will be in town for the SF meetup on the 27th! Locals, put it on your calendar.
Speaking of which, Interintellect hosting is self-service! Give it a whirl.
Also self-service: "Agora is a project that allows anyone to sell files on the web for bitcoin using the Lightning Network. Everything on this site is served by an Agora instance run by the Agora developers. Agora is free and open source, so anyone can run their own Agora instance." The code is on GitHub.
Christmas shopping for the world's edgiest shirts? Apologies Ltd gotcha covered 👍
Passage Prize is a lit + art contest, $15k prize pool, deadline 1/1/2022, brought to you by blackpill luminaries Zero HP Lovecraft, Curtis Yarvin, L0m3z, and Gio Pennacchietti. If you don't already recognize their names, you might be scandalized by those gentlemen. Unless the Apologies Ltd shirts didn't faze you, then I bet you'll be fine.
Header illustration by Luiz Marcelo Resende.
Members, ICYMI: 9 happy mail PDFs for your perusal / archiving as desired.
Also, with decidedly more whimper than bang, I shared my Godpost draft on Twitter.
Meanwhile, other people:
- "Network intersubjectives" by Gordon Brander
- All of Gene Hoots' newsletter about his career in the tobacco industry
- "Advice for the vestigial shamans among us" by Drew Schorno
- "Old stoves may last 100 years, but modern ones are better" by Jason Crawford
- "What if Performance Advertising isn't Just an Analytics Scam?" by Mack Grenfell, who is talking his book but nonetheless correct
- First installment of Eli Minaya's graphic novel (comic? idk)
- "Starting up a Madhyamaka reading group through a modest Discord server dedicated to Eastern Philosophy. We also have a niche Mohism group in the works. Please feel welcome to join, whether for Nāgārjuna, Buddhism, or any other aspect of philosophy. 🙏" — x.noaidi
- "Is anorexia the nexus of all online communities?" and "We're already in the Metaverse" by Default Friend (currently deactivated on Twitter IIRC; she takes frequent breaks)
- Extra DF: Marc Andreessen went on her podcast After the Orgy: "Kid Rock Is the Poorest Person Here" (lol)
- "Notes on the Dominican Republic" by Matt Lakeman
- "When St. Therese dressed up as Joan of Arc (and the sad story of the photo)" by Sarah Robsdottir
- "[T]oday we all know, if only behind closed doors, that the future causes the past no less than the past causes the future." — Justin Murphy in his newsletter
- "Nothing can be salvaged, but nothing will be lost." — poem by J. Elliot (also on Twitter)
- "Under pressure: the paradox of the diamond" by Razib Khan
- "The Views That Made Me Persona Non Grata at MIT" by Dorian Abbot
- "What I learned from a year on Substack" by Casey Newton
- So-called "new meth": Dreamland author Sam Quinones makes the case that it's a big deal; this other guy dynomight says nah we're just seeing the law of large numbers (I found the latter more convincing, for the record, but both are compelling)
- TIMELINE OF THE HUMAN CONDITION: Milestones in Evolution and History, apparently spearheaded by C. Patrick Doncaster
- "How The Sample drives thousands of newsletter subscriptions" by Jacob O'Bryant (if you're interested, use my referral link plz!)
- "Fintech & Accessibility: The need and market for interdependent technology" by Keeri Lynn